Here you’ll find links to a range of resources to support your learning.
- Skillsoft online learning is a free online learning service available through the University of Auckland.
- If you are a University of Auckland or UniServices staff member, you can access online learning courses through Skillsoft.
- For more information and to access Skillsoft online learning, go to Online learning.
- For free Microsoft Office tutorials and online classes, computer basics, iPad basics, and typing tutorials, visit GCF Learn Free.
- For a comprehensive list of easy-to-follow tutorials, try Excel Easy.
- Cut down your RSI risk by using these quick alternatives to reaching for your mouse all the time at Excel 2013 keyboard shortcuts.
- YouTube video tutorials about using Excel.
- Excellent beginner and advanced video tutorials on all Creative Cloud applications; Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, Animate etc at Creative Cloud Tutorials
- The best free resources are in the SPSS software under help/tutorials and case studies. These are brilliant resources that step you through the whole procedure from "why do I need to do it?" through "how do I do it?" to "how do I interpret what I get back?"
- SPSS tutorials on YouTube
University systems and learning providers
Other applications and guides
- SAS (Statistics): Free online training is offered for all UoA staff and students here. For the activation code, email the Software Admin at ITS.
- R: This is programming language and software environment for statistical analysis, graphics representation and reporting. Various tutorials here.
- Endnote: Endnote training site
- Filemaker: With easy step-by-step instructions, self-paced online tutorials, and convenient anytime accessibility through your web browser, FileMaker video tutorials allow you to make the most of your FileMaker products. Whether you're a new user or a seasoned pro, work faster and share more with FileMaker video tutorials.
- Test your typing speed: Test your current typing speed and then learn to touch type by downloading the free trial of Typing Master.
- LaTeX: Libraries and Learning Services offer a LaTeX Thesis Formatting workshop to doctoral students only. The workshop is designed for novice LaTeX users who are not familiar with the software and covers key functionalities, basic coding, style files, inserting citations and applying referencing styles, recommended web sources, the University of Auckland LaTeX thesis template, and Overleaf templates and guides.