Planning and Information Office overview
Core functions and responsibilities of the Planning and Information Office
The Planning and Information Office is part of the Vice-Chancellor’s Office. It co-ordinates the University’s planning and accountability activities, as well as liaising with the Tertiary Education Commission and Ministry of Education.
The office oversees the University’s reporting strategy and decision support system and provides analysis and information that supports the University’s strategic and tactical decision-making and academic quality assurance.
Information is provided through the University’s Strategic Management Reports (SMR) which uses MicroStrategy as the core toolset, and through Decision Support System (DSS) which uses Hyperion Interactive Reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the Ministry of Education and the Tertiary Education Commission, and ensuring compliance with various educational regulations.
- Monitoring and enhancing academic quality standards in partnership with the Academic Quality Office, in the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic).
- Monitoring the achievement of the Strategic Plan and contributing to University, faculty and service division strategic and annual planning and accountability.
- Providing accurate and useful business intelligence to support strategic and annual planning, and assisting with planning and budgeting processes (EFTS).
- Managing changes to the University Organisational Structure (UOS) (University Staff only).