Strategic Plan 2013-2020
The Strategic Plan 2013-2020 is the key document in our cycle of planning, delivery and accountability.
It is an ambitious articulation of our vision for the University to be ranked among the peer universities that make up the top half of the Australian Group of Eight, the UK Russell Group and the Canadian U15.
We aspire to:
- Be a community of highly accomplished and well supported academic and professional staff.
- Attract students of high academic potential and give them an outstanding university experience so that they become successful and influential graduates and loyal alumni.
- Benefit society by conducting and applying research of the highest quality.
- Benefit Māori and the University through partnerships that acknowledge the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Develop strong partnerships with key organisations and communities, nationally and internationally.
- Adhere to our core values and remain an autonomous, sustainable, equitable organisation.
- Be a public university of global standing that serves New Zealand, is distinctive and reflects our place in the Asia/Pacific region.
The plan describes the key actions designed to deliver against these aspirations and how we will measure achievements.