Career development and benefits
Discover what career development opportunities and benefits await you.
We employ over 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students making us one of New Zealand’s largest employers.
It is our intention to create an environment in which highly talented people can flourish.
The University provides a range of development opportunities designed to enhance your performance no matter what your position or level.
These opportunities are available to both professional and academic staff members.
- People and organisational development.
- Professional and personal development.
- Leadership and management development.
- Aspire career centre (for professional staff).
- Wellbeing programme.
- Awards and fellowships.
- Performance and development reviews.
- English language enrichment.
- IT Training.
- Academic practice – research, teaching and E-learning.
One advantage of being part of a large organisation means we can offer you a variety of staff benefits.
Discover what the University of Auckland can offer you:
- Five weeks annual leave – we understand the importance of balancing work, life and family and as such, provide five weeks annual leave for all staff.
- Company superannuation scheme – we offer all our staff the option of considering our three superannuation schemes.
- Flexible working hours – we are committed to providing an excellent working environment through flexible employment practices and conditions which support a balance between work, life and family. Talk to one of our staff as to how best we can accommodate your requirements.
- Car parking – all staff can apply for a car parking permit at a discounted rate on campus.
- Discounted health insurance and eye testing, flu jabs – all staff are entitled to these benefits upon employment here at the University.
- Learning and development opportunities – we offer a wide range of development opportunities to support you in your career with us.
- Childcare – take advantage of our discounted five childcare/early childcare education centres and two kohanga reo, that provide a safe and nurturing environment for children.
- Employee assistance programme –we provide confidential, professional services which can support and guide you through your personal or work problems.
- Leisure, recreation and culture - whether you're a culture vulture, a fitness freak or like exploring new physical, cultural and spiritual experiences, the University offers something to suit. Explore our on-site services provided to all staff.
- Equity – the equity office provides support and assistance for staff members in equity groups.
- Disability Services – we provide support for staff with disabilities.
- Discounts at Goldie vineyard on Waiheke Island – we own a vineyard and all staff are entitled to a generous discount on the purchase of wines from the vineyard.
- Cafes and on-site shopping – discover the range of cafes and retail shops available to you on campus.
- Immigration support – we have a licensed immigration advisor to assist you with the immigration process.
- Library – all staff have access to a range of services from our library.
- Relocation – national or global relocation assistance may be offered to you, depending on the role and your current location.