Graduate Destination Survey
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I graduated in 2018, but I haven’t received an email
We are looking for everyone (except for PhD graduates) who finished their study at the University of Auckland in 2018 and in 2019 before March. If you finished your study in 2017, but you had your graduation ceremony in 2018, then you won’t be invited for this survey. If you finished your study in 2018 or in 2019 before March, check the following:
- Is the invitation in your SPAM folder?
- Ensure your registered email address with the Alumni Office is correct. Check here to see what email address we have.
Haven’t found a solution? Please send an email to email@example.com
2. I’m a PhD graduate, will I receive the survey?
Not this time. The School of Graduate Studies will contact you at some point for a similar purpose.
3. Why is the University of Auckland conducting a Graduate Destination Survey?
The University of Auckland wants to understand what our graduates are doing after their study. This information will be used to help future students better understand where their study can take them.
4. What are you going to do with the information I have given in the survey?
We are going to analyse the data to better understand what our graduates do when they leave the University. This will help future students choose the best programme to achieve what they want to achieve, by giving them information on what they can expect after they graduate.
5. I started my survey, but I forgot about it and I closed the window by accident. What do I do now?
If you go to your email and click on your link again, the survey will open at the point where you left it. You can finalise the survey after this.
6. What happens if there is a question that I don’t want to answer? Or I don’t submit the survey?
We encourage you to answer all the questions to give us a complete picture of how you are doing. Your answers will be confidential and can’t be traced back to you in our analysis. Only completed surveys will take part in the prize draw.
7. I see questions about work, but I am not working
The survey consists of three different sections: Work, Further Study, and General University Experience. Based on your answers in the first question, you will see the work and/or study section. You can’t go back to the first question to change your answer, but if you go back to the beginning of the Work section, you can indicate that you are not working and would like to skip this section.
8. I need to answer questions about work, but I haven’t started my job yet
Please answer the questions with your new job in mind, as if you have already started there.
9. I see questions about further study, but I am not studying
The survey consists of three different sections: Work, Further Study, and General University Experience. Based on your answers in the first question, you will see the work and/or study section. You can’t go back to the first question to change your answer, but if you go back to the beginning of the Further Study section, you can indicate that you are not studying and would like to skip this section.
10. Do I get a personalised report, based on my own answers?
We won’t provide personalised reports, but a summary report will be published at alumni.auckland.ac.nz/gds We will send you a report with general findings, if you indicate that you would like to receive that when completing the last part of the survey.
11. Can I use the travel vouchers outside of New Zealand?
The travel vouchers can be used from almost every country across the globe. Even if you are not in New Zealand, you can still enjoy your voucher to discover new places (or come back for a visit).
Visit https: //www.orbit.co.nz/ for more information.