Information for new graduates
Congratulations graduates! As part of this milestone, you’ve automatically joined our alumni community. It’s free, paperless, and lasts for life. Here’s how to make the most of it.
Update your details
Swap out your student contact details to ensure you receive our regular publications, and emails with exclusive offers, competitions, and information about events happening near you.
Benefits and services
A range of perks and exclusive offers are available exclusively to all alumni, including:
- Ingenio, our alumni magazine, published twice a year
- Discounts on wine, books, and short courses at the University of Auckland Business School
- The @auckland e-newsletter, sent every month
- Access to careers and employment services
Career Development and Employability Services
Career Development and Employability Services (CDES) supports students and alumni up until three years after graduation. Located in the ClockTower, its services include:
- MyCDES, an online portal that allows you to self-manage and access career tools, workshops, events, a job board and personalised services
- Workshops on CVs, interviews, career direction, networking and more
- One-on-one appointments and drop-ins for career support
- Bringing employers on campus to connect with students at career education events, recruitment events, large expos
- Internships/graduate opportunities
Be sure to check out the Future of Work Conference on Saturday 14 October 2017 and get an insight into what's to come in our ever-changing world. Top industry speakers will take part in presentations, panel discussions and case studies on topics including the workforce in 2017 and beyond, demographic shifts, the future of university, the future of the recruitment process and much more.
The University of Auckland Society
If you are staying in Auckland and want to keep more closely involved with the University and meet other alumni, we encourage you to join the University of Auckland Society.
The Society is an independent group of alumni and friends who support the University, receive additional benefits and opportunities, and are invited to a wide range of special events. New graduates receive a special discount.
Connect with us
You can keep up-to-date with what's happening in the alumni community by joining us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Get the Chinese Alumni Club newsletter
Graduates interested in keeping in touch with the Chinese Alumni Community, can sign up to receive the Chinese Alumni Club email newsletter.