Raising the Bar
Listen to all of the talks and view a selection of photos from Raising the Bar Auckland 2019.
We've uploaded all of the Raising the Bar lectures to Soundcloud. You can listen to the entire playlist here, or select an individual talk from the list below.
- Barbara Plester - Just a joke? The pleasure and pain of workplace humour and fun
- Benedikt Fischer - Cannabis legalisation: A potentially mind-altering discussion
- Claire Charters - Why we need a constitution accommodating Māori rights
- Craig Sutherland - Healthcare, Education and the Future - Are People Even Needed?
- Damon Salesa - Becoming more Pacific by the hour
- Deb Polson - Alchemy, magic and predicting the future in modern design
- Erin Griffey - Keeping up with the Tudors and Stuarts: A renaissance queen’s beauty guide
- Ethan Plaut - I see you like memes? The business of digital surveillance and propaganda
- Holly Dixon - How mindfulness can help in the bedroom – and beyond
- Julie Hope - The tip of the iceberg: what we don’t know about plastic
- Liam Wotherspoon - Ten years of battling New Zealand earthquakes
- Mohamed Alansari - Is technology terminating relationships at school?
- Olaf Dlegal - A house, your shoes, your dinner! 3D printing the future
- Pat Bullen - Millennials and Gen Z: Who really needs fixing – us or them?
- Rebecca Deed - From rotten eggs to passionfruit – the pungent world of wine sulfur compounds
- Ross McDonald - Economics and happiness in a time of rapid climate change
- Sara Buttsworth - Fairytales and war - and the breadcrumb trails between
- Thor Besier - The future of orthopaedics: From smart sensors to 3D printed joints
- Tim Kuhner - You know my country’s corrupt, but what about yours?
- Wayne Cutfield - Gut bugs gone bad