Health and safety: Role of a leader and manager
As a manager, you have a legal responsibility to keep your workplace safe for students and staff.
This workshop outlines how to develop a proactive culture. It provides information on the University’s:
- New policy
- Guidance on how to begin to lead and manage health and safety within your areas.
To assist leaders and managers in understanding their roles and responsibilities in the management of health and safety at the University.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Explain why the University has given health and safety a high priority
- Describe the main elements of the University’s health and safety management system
- Identify your basic management responsibilities and accountabilities for health and safety
- Explain the importance of risk management in developing safe and healthy work environments.
- Why manage health and safety?
- Influences: External and internal
- Components of good health and safety management
- Case study
- Health and safety leadership
- Concluding questions
- Summary: Key messages
All academic leaders and line managers below Senior Leadership Team level.
A member of the Health, Safety and Wellbeing team.
Customer Service, Professional Skills
Leadership Framework dimension
Cancellation and enrolment information
Get all the details you need: Enrolling in a course or cancelling an enrolment.
Last Updated: Dec 2019
Next Review: Dec 2022
Approver: Associate Director, Health Safety & Wellbeing