International Day of Action for Academic Integrity
18 October 2023 the University of Auckland joins universities around the world to promote academic integrity.
An opportunity to see where you're at with your knowledge of academic integrity practices!
What is the International Day for Academic Integrity?
It is an initiative of the International Center for Academic Integrity. 2023 marks the 8th annual day for academic integrity and institutions around the world use this day to educate students and staff about:
- academic integrity - why it is so important and how to #excelwithintegrity
- academic misconduct - what it is and why it is so harmful
This year's theme is Championing academic integrity in the age of AI. Check out the initiatives below to get involved!
2023 academic integrity poster competition
Vote for the best poster and go in the draw to win a $100 Prezzy card!
Which of the six posters below do you think best promotes the message of academic integrity for Waipapa Taumata Rau | University of Auckland students? Which poster will most help you remember to uphold academic integrity in your studies?
You can consider both the message and the poster design.
Follow this link to vote* and go in the draw to win.
*Only University of Auckland students are eligible. One vote per student. Submissions without a valid University of Auckland student ID number will not be considered.
2023 student creativity contest
The International Centre for Academic Integrity are running a student creativity contest as part of the 2023 International Day of Action for Academic Integrity.
The purpose of the contest is for students to make a creative submission on the theme of ‘Championing academic integrity in the age of AI’ to other students.
Possible creative submissions include:
Thinking about creating a submission?
- Does your submission make people think about academic integrity?
- Does it encourage others to champion integrity (i.e., in their personal, academic, and professional life)?
- Does it link to the theme of championing academic integrity in the age of AI (Artificial Intelligence)?
- Have you read and understood the terms and conditions below?
Winners will be announced approximately two weeks following the Oct 18th, 2023 contest deadline.
#excelwithintegrity | #kiatika
#excelwithintegrity - This is the international hashtag for this event.
#kiatika - The hashtag created at the University of Auckland reflecting New Zealand culture and incorporating mātauranga māori.
#excelwithintegrity | #kiatika represent the following values at the University of Auckland:
- Be honest and respect the work of others
- Value your role as a member of an academic community
- Submit work that is your own
- Ask for help if you need it
How else can I participate?
- Take the #excelwithintegrity quiz
- Find out more about academic integrity at the University
- Learn about academic support and resources at the University
- Look on social media at what other universities are doing
#excelwithintegrity | #kiatika
Resources for staff
University of Auckland: For more information about the University of Auckland's academic integrity policies, processes and resources go to auckland.ac.nz/integrity
ICAI: For more information about the International Day of Action see International Center for Academic Integrity
TEQSA: The Australian Higher Education Quality Assurance body, TEQSA, has produced excellent resources for staff to use in the promotion of academic integrity as well as detecting contract cheating. Academic Integrity Toolkit