Before you prepare your 3MT pitch, find out how it will be judged.
The presentations will be judged by a panel of three. During the heats, judges will comment on the quality of the presentations; during the finals, no feedback will be given. Feedback may be requested after the event from the organiser.
Entrants will be judged on the criteria outlined below.
Comprehension and content
- Did the presentation provide clear background and significance to the research question?
- Did the presentation clearly describe the research strategy/design and the results/findings of the research?
- Did the presentation clearly describe the conclusions, outcomes and impact of the research?
Engagement and communication
- Was the oration was delivered clearly, and was the language appropriate for a non-specialist audience?
- Was the PowerPoint slide well-defined and did it enhance the presentation?
- Did the presenter convey enthusiasm for their research and capture and maintain the audience’s attention?
A note on virtual judging
Competitors will not be judged on video/recording quality or editing capabilities (optional inclusions). Judging will focus on the presentation, ability to communicate research to a non-specialist audience, and 3MT PowerPoint slide.