Academic Integrity Course
If you are starting a new programme at the University of Auckland, you will need to complete our online Academic Integrity Course or ACADINT A01.* This course is designed to increase your understanding of:
- Academic integrity
- University rules regarding academic conduct
- How we manage academic misconduct
*Please note, if you have previously completed the University’s Academic Integrity Course before, you will not need to redo it.
For more information:
This course uses six distinct modules to help you know about academic integrity:
- The values of academic integrity
- Effective referencing
- Ethical collaboration
- Seeking third-party assistance
- Understanding copyright
- Research integrity
During these modules, you will be given scenarios centred on academic integrity that provide information about the:
- Relevant rules
- Expected behaviours
- Be enrolled automatically into this course when you enrol in at least one other course for the semester
- See the Academic Integrity Course as one of your current courses on Canvas
- Need to complete this course as it is a requirement for any degree, diploma, or certificate to be awarded
To access your Academic Integrity Course
If you are enrolled in the Academic Integrity Course, the course wll appear as a separate course on Canvas.
You can access your Academic Integrity Course by choosing the course tile.
If you’re unsure, please contact us.
To complete your Academic Integrity Course
You can work through the modules and complete the tests in your own time, at your own pace.
The key things to know about completing the Academic Integrity Course:
- There are six modules
- You must get 100% in each module
- You can complete each module in any order
- It will take you 45 minutes to 2 hours to finish
- You’re given scenarios and information to complete module
- You complete this course only once
When to complete your Academic Integrity Course
You will need to complete the course before you are able to graduate.
You will be automatically enrolled when you start your first semester or quarter at the University. This is:
- Usually, 1 to 2 weeks before the start of the semester, if you are starting study for a Bachelors, Bachelors (Honours), Masters, Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate
- Up to 2 weeks from your official start date as a doctoral student
If there are no other enrolments on your record, we will drop the Academic Integrity course for you before the examination period. You do not have to do anything.
|Student||Recommended completion deadline|
|Undergraduate||If you are an undergraduate student, we recommended completing this course by the end of your first semester of study.
|Graduate School of Management||If you are a student of the Graduate School of Management, we recommended completing this course by the end of your first quarter of study.|
|Postgraduate (excluding Doctoral)||If you are a postgraduate student, we recommended completing this course by the end of your first semester or academic year.|
|Doctoral||If you are a doctoral student, we recommend completing this course within the first two months, but it must be completed by the end of the provisional year.|
If you're having trouble accessing your Academic Integrity Course
You will get access to your Academic Integrity Course 1 to 2 weeks before your semester or quarter begins. Please note, for doctoral students you will get access up to 2 weeks after your official starting date.
If you’re trying to access your Academic Integrity Course before this, you may receive an error message.
If you continue to experience issues accessing your Academic Integrity Course, please contact us with the following information:
- Your name
- Your student ID number
- A screenshot of the error you’re receiving
After completing your Academic Integrity Course
After you have completed your Academic Integrity Course, you will receive a CPL grade. CPL means completion.
Your CPL grade will be added to your results on Student Services Online at the end of the semester or quarter you complete your Academic Integrity Course.
Please make sure you have gotten an overall score of 100% before the end of your semester or quarter.
Impact of not completing your Academic Integrity Course
If you do not complete your Academic Integrity Course, you will get a DNC grade on your transcript. A DNC means Did Not Complete.
You will also be automatically re-enrolled for the next semester or quarter you enrol into until the Academic Integrity Course is completed.
At the latest, you must complete your Academic Integrity Course before your finish your programme. You cannot graduate without having completed your Academic Integrity Course.
Please note, doctoral candidates who do not complete it by the Provisional Year Review will lose access and a DNC grade may be recorded.
Who does not need to do the Academic Integrity Course
You will not need to complete an Academic Integrity Course if you:
- Have previously completed the University of Auckland’s Academic Integrity Course
- Are studying toward the University of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies
What is academic integrity
Academic integrity is the honesty you have in your studies and assessments. It is a key foundation to being a member of the University’s academic community.
Where to get help
If you have any questions about the Academic Integrity Course, please feel free to contact us or visit your nearest Student Hub.