At CDES, it’s our job to support students as they navigate the world of work.
Career Development and Employability Services
Room 151, Level 1, Kate Edger Information Commons
2 Alfred St
Phone: +64 9 3737599
We assist University of Auckland students (as well as graduates up to three years after graduation) with all aspects of career development.
Our vision is to help graduates develop the capabilities to successfully self-manage and navigate their world of work, life and learning.
This will enable you to:
- Realise your potential
- Move towards a personally determined and evolving future
- Be positive contributors to local, national and global communities
How can CDES help?
MyCDES and MyCDES+
MyCDES and MyCDES+ are the University of Auckland's online career management platforms.
Schedule a face to face appointment: You can make an appointment with a Career Development and Employability Consultant.
Book your place for our workshops: You can develop your CV and cover letters, learn about career planning, interview, networking and job search skills.
Book your place for CDES employer events: We organise recruitment events, career expos, and employer workshops throughout the year that cater to a wide range of students.
Access interactive online modules and resources covering topics such as 'How to create a CV' and 'How to find work and create opportunities' and cover letter checks.
Develop your CV and cover letters, learn about career planning, interview, networking and job-search skills.
Search and apply for jobs via our job board, including internships and graduate programmes, part-time/casual roles and full-time positions.
Utilise self-service career tools, including our online CV builder and CV check.
Careers drop-in and appointments
Do you have a quick career-related question or want to get a final check on your CV or cover letter? Come to our daily drop-in.
Note: We recommend that you attend a CV workshop or complete our online module (select 'CDES: How to create a CV' in the resources section) before coming along to a CV drop-in.
Meet our award-winning Career Development and Employability Consultants and Employer Engagement team.
Sarah Moyne - Poutaki ara mahi | Career Development and Employability Services Manager
Dominique Behn - Communications and Marketing Lead
TBC - Receptionist
Sharlene Pacaigue - Business Services Coordinator
Career Development and Employability Consultants
Pepe Afeaki - Kaituki Ara Mahi Māori, Te Moana-nui-a-Kiwa | Career Development and Employability Team Leader, Māori and Pacific
Liz Barry - Medical and Health Sciences
Wendy Carey - First year students
John Dorado - Kaituki Ara Mahi | Career Development and Employability Team Leader
Lorraine Henry - Kaitohutohu Umanga | Māori students
Samantha Standley - Science
Sela Pole-Fehoko - Pacific students
Shannon Ring - Creative Arts and Industries, Engineering
Liudmyla Beraud - International students
Charlotte Osorio - Arts, Education and Social Work
Employer Engagement Team
Kate Coley - Employer Engagement Manager
Danni Chai - Employer Engagement Assistant
Rafilya Wilson - Events Planner
- "The support from CDES was invaluable, they have loads of resources, tools and networks to tap into which is ideal for career planning."
- "Without the help of CDES, I would not have received some of the jobs and scholarships I applied for, so I am very grateful for it."
- "The CDES team has great tools and it’s worth getting in touch early in your studies so you’re prepared when the right job comes along!"
- "Fantastic staff, great communications, good problem solving and collaborative approach."
- "Like I say, flawless. I really enjoy working with [the University of Auckland] on events. Never a problem and there's always someone to help if I need it."
- "[CDES Career Expo] was a well knitted event to bring the recruiters and the future generation of bright young minds together under one roof and provide them with a platform to share the current trends and provide exposure to the students and giving them an opportunity to choose their future."