Financial coach drop-ins
As university students, financial wellbeing is crucial for your overall wellbeing. That's why the University has partnered with ImPower, Financial Wellbeing specialists, to provide you with the support you need to better understand your money. Financial wellbeing involves meeting financial commitments, saving, understanding the pro’s and con’s of borrowing money, how to have financial goals, and understanding how to prioritise what's financially important to you.
As part of the drop-ins, ImPower's financial coaches are available to provide you with a friendly and non-judgmental ear. They will listen to your concerns and help you develop a realistic plan to achieve your financial goals. Working with someone who is not emotionally involved in your situation can help "cut to the chase".
To make the most of your meeting, we recommend that you prepare by taking the following steps:
1. List out your assets (what you own) and liabilities (what you owe and to who).
2. Note down all income sources – from where and how much.
3. Estimate your average weekly outgoings – not including savings or debt repayments.
4. Consider this question – “What’s Important to YOU?”
5. Be clear about the outcome you want to get from the meeting.
Remember, the better prepared you are, the more value you will get from the meeting.
These drop-ins will occur on the last Tuesday of the month 10am-12pm throughout the year and will be held in room 315-151, in the Kate Edger Information Commons building. Meetings with financial coaches usually last around 30 minutes.
Please find a list of upcoming dates noted below for your convenience.