Leadership Through Learning
Tēnā koe, Kia orana, Noa’ia, Talofa lava, Mauri, Mālō e lelei, Tālofa, Ni Sa Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Mālō ni, Halo Olgeta, Orokaiva and Warm Pacific greetings.
Nau mai, haere mai ki tēnei akomanga, ko Leadership Through Learning!
Leadership Through Learning is a free leadership and development programme for our Māori and Pacific students at the University of Auckland, across all levels of studies, faculties, disciplines and campuses. The programme offers a cultural space, where we build a community of student leaders seeking to lead, empower and transform.
In this space we acknowledge our ancestors as incredible voyagers, wayfinding on the moana to find new lands. While today we don’t sail on the waka hourua, we have new waters to navigate. In Leadership Through Learning, we work on soft skills to navigate the modern world, finding the way to our ideal life.
Leadership Through Learning runs as a 12-week programme available to students in Semester One and Semester Two. It includes 1-hour sessions with your cohort, a full day wānanga in mid semester break, wrapping up with a vision board presentation and graduation of the programme.
- Delivered by Māori and Pacific student leaders.
- Zoom streams for those not based on the City Campus.
- Fosters Māori and Pacific knowledge in our space here at Waipapa Taumata Rau and in life.
- Enables participants to build relationships with other Undergraduate and Postgraduate students from different faculties.
- Provides a safe space to start or continue your journey with your culture and identity.
- Recognised as a leadership pathway in the Co-curricular Recognition Programme and enables participants to be eligible to apply for the University of Auckland Distinguished Graduate Award.
Join the Leadership Through Learning whānau. Register your interest.
Leadership Through Learning does not contribute to credits in your programme.
Abigail McClutchie, Kaiārahi, Te Tumu Herenga shares her research about the Leadership Through Learning programme.