Proof of English language proficiency
Explanation of document
Proof of English language proficiency is evidence that you have the required level of English to succeed at the University of Auckland.
Why this document may be required
The University of Auckland is an English-medium university. This means that you need to give proof that you have a certain level of English to study with the University.
Please note, proof of English language proficiency differs depending on the programme(s) you're interested in studying.
What documents are accepted
To meet the proof of English language proficiency for your chosen programme(s), you must meet the English language requirements.
Generally, proof of English language proficiency is either a:
- Transcript from an approved English-medium secondary school or high school
- Transcript from an approved English-medium tertiary institution
- Certificate or transcript from an approved English proficiency test
For more information, please see:
Where to submit your document
You can submit your proof of English language proficiency through your application portal.
Is certification required?
You do not need to certify your proof of English language proficiency.
Is translation required?
You do not need to translate your proof of English language proficiency.
What are your next steps?
If you uploaded your proof of English language proficiency, the status of your document will show as 'Uploaded.'
If we require anything else for your application, we will let you know by email.
If the document doesn't meet the requirements, the status will be changed to resubmit.
A conditional offer may be made subject to you meeting the English language requirements.
To do check the status of your document, please visit Continue your application.
If you have been waiting for an outcome
Please be assured that your application is a priority to us. Delays may occur for the following reasons:
- It's our peak processing period
- You applied for a future semester
- You have shared your digital transcript but it's not showing as 'Item received.' If this is the case, please contact your prior tertiary institution to release and share your document
Our peak processing times are:
- September to February for Semester One
- May to July for Semester Two
To check for updates, please visit Continue your application.
If you are unable to provide the required evidence, please email email@example.com.
Please include details about why you cannot provide proof of English language proficiency.