Secure and streamlined payment for international students.
The University of Auckland has partnered with Flywire to offer a secure and streamlined way to make a payment from your home country in your home currency.
Founded by a former international student, Flywire’s mission is to save money for international students and their families that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates.
Using Pay by Flywire-International by logging into Student Services Online will be faster and you will not incur extra bank charges by using this secure service.
Why use Flywire?
Flywire allows you to pay from almost any country offering excellent foreign exchange rates and no hidden fees.
- Flywire allows you to pay from almost any country or bank in your home currency
- No bank fees or further charges
- Competitive exchange rates and a best price guarantee
- Fast transfers - your payment is usually received by the University of Auckland within 2-3 business days
- The University receives the exact amount you paid with no short payment
- You will be able to track the progress of your payment online 24/7 and receive email and text alerts each step of the way.
- Multilingual customer support via phone, Skype and email
- Faster access to your fees receipt to support your student visa application
Payment options can include local bank transfer (telegraphic transfer), debit card, credit card, e-wallets, e-payments and other options.
How to make a payment
1. Sign into Student Services Online.
2. Click on the ‘Fees and Payments’ icon. The ‘Account Summary’ page will appear showing how much is due now and in the future.
3. Click ‘Pay by Flywire – International’ and follow the instructions on the page to transfer to the Flywire site.
You may need to allow the pop-up window on your internet browser, as Flywire opens in a new window.
4. Once redirected to the Flywire website, enter your payment amount and country of origin.
5. Follow the instructions provided to complete your payment.
- For telegraphic transfer/bank transfer, allow enough time before fees due date for your bank to process the transfer.
- For debit/credit card payments, enter your card details online to complete your payment in your home currency.
Single transaction limit: Contact your bank to check if there is a single transaction or daily limit on your account as they can remove this for tuition fee bank transfer. Some card issuers have daily or card limits also. You may wish to pay in smaller transaction amounts to avoid exceeding the maximum transaction limit.
Note: Additional local payment options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.
6. Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updates each step of the way, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to your institution.
7. If you need help to complete your payment, contact Flywire customer support.
International payment on student behalf/third party payment
Our secure Flywire Third Party Student Payments allows third parties (parents, guardians or others) to pay fees on behalf of a University of Auckland student using telegraphic transfer (bank transfer) or debit/credit card without having access to confidential student information.
To do this, please visit Flywire's Your payment page.
What details are required to use this facility?
- Student Full Name
- Student ID Number
- Payer email address
- Invoice number (if applicable)