Secure and streamlined payment for international students.
The University of Auckland has partnered with Flywire to offer a secure and streamlined way to make a payment from your home country.
Founded by a former international student, Flywire’s mission is to save money for international students and their families that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates.
Why use Flywire?
Flywire allows you to pay from almost any country offering excellent foreign exchange rates and no hidden fees. Payment options can include local bank transfer (telegraphic transfer), debit card, credit card, e-wallets, e-payments and other options.
You will be able to track the progress of your payment online and receive email and text alerts each step of the way.
Multilingual customer support via phone, chat and email is available 24/7 if you need assistance with your payment.
How to make a payment
- Sign into Student Services Online.
- Click on the ‘Fees and Payments’ icon. The ‘Account Summary’ page will appear showing how much is due now and in the future.
- Click ‘Make a Payment’ and the ‘Make a Payment’ page will appear with the different available payment options.
- From the Select the Payment Method section, select Pay by Flywire. You may need to allow the pop-up window on your internet browser, as Flywire opens in a new window.
- Once redirected to the Flywire website, enter your payment amount and country of origin.
- Follow the instructions provided to complete your payment.
For debit/credit card payments, enter your card details online to complete your payment in your home currency.
Note: Additional local payment options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.
For telegraphic transfer/bank transfer, allow enough time before fees due date for your bank to process the transfer.
- Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updates each step of the way, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to your institution.
- If you need help to complete your payment, contact Flywire customer support.
International payment on student behalf/third party payment
Our secure Flywire Third Party Student Payments allows third parties (parents, guardians or others) to pay fees on behalf of a University of Auckland student using telegraphic transfer (bank transfer) or debit/credit card without having access to confidential student information.
What details are required to use this facility?
- Student Full Name
- Student ID Number
- Payer email address
- Invoice number (if applicable)