Other undergraduate funding options
Find out about other funding sources available to support you in your undergraduate study.
Sasakawa Fellowship Fund for Japanese Language Education
The fund offers scholarships to students who are enrolling full-time for a first undergraduate degree in Japanese language, or Japanese language conjoint degree. Applications close 1 September. For more information go to Sasakawa Undergraduate Scholarships.
Toloa Tertiary Scholarships
The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage Pacific students to pursue studies in STEM subjects at tertiary level and increase the numbers of pacific people employed in STEM careers. Up to $9,000 is available to cover tuition and compulsory fees. For more information or to apply go to Toloa Tertiary Scholarships.
GCSB Women in STEM Scholarship
The value of this award is $10,000, which can be spread over three years depending on your study plans. Open to female second year tertiary students and above (including Honours and Masters students) intending to take a full-time course of study in science, technology, computer engineering, mathematics, data science and cyber security at any New Zealand tertiary institution. For more information and to apply go to GCSB Women in STEM Scholarship.
Applications open on 1 June and close on 1 October
NASA International Internship Programme
The New Zealand Space Agency invites high-performing New Zealand tertiary students to apply to participate in the NASA International Internship Programme from June to August 2019. To complement this opportunity, the New Zealand Space Agency is offering the New Zealand Space Scholarship. For more information visit MBIE NASA International Internship Programme.
Attitude Trust Communication Scholarship
The Attitude Trust is proud to offer a tuition fee scholarship to applicants living with disabilities. The scholarship is worth up to $5,000 per year (paid directly to your education provider) and will continue for the duration of your qualification (subject to you completing requirements). In addition, one week of work experience with Attitude Pictures Ltd for each year of study is offered. If you are a New Zealand resident, live with a disability and plan to study communications (either media or digital studies), you are eligible to apply. For more information visit Attitude Awards.
Scholarships with variable closing dates
- Māori Education Trust Tertiary Scholarships
For more information, contact email@example.com.
- German Academic Exchange Service DAAD Scholarships
- The Capstone Editing Textbook Grant for Undergraduates
- Zonta Club of South Auckland Study Award
- Zonta Club of East Auckland Presidents Scholarship
- Zespri Horticultural Scholarship
For more information go to Zespri Scholarships
- Mexican Government Scholarship Programme for International Students
- BWP Franklin Study Award
Awarded to a woman who is a past or present Franklin resident. For more information go to BWP Franklin Annual Study Award
- Transpower Scholarship for Māori Engineering Students - to assist BE(Hons) students in Electrical and Electronic, Mechanical or Mechatronics, or Civil Engineering.
- Quota New Zealand Educational Scholarship - to assist a first year school leaver with financial need.
- The Sparesbox Scholarship - open to students enrolled full-time or part-time in Business, Marketing, Management, Commerce of any Business related courses.
- Dillon Scholarship - for students from the Bay of Plenty with a significant physical or intellectual disability
- Meat Industry Scholarship - for study relevant to the New Zealand meat processing and export industry
- Trilogy Science Scholarship - for second or subsequent years of a BSc
- Indian Council of Cultural Relations, Government of India Commonwealth Scholarship Plan - two scholarships are available for students from New Zealand for higher education in Indian Universities and Colleges.
- Royal New Zealand Institute of Horticulture Awards
- New Zealand Institute of Forestry Foundation Scholarships and Awards
- West Coast DHB Studentship Programme - applications close 27 September 2019