Postgraduate study in General Practice and Primary Healthcare
What can you study in General Practice and Primary Healthcare?
You can study General Practice and Primary Healthcare in a Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in Health Sciences or in a Master of Health Sciences.
It is possible to take courses in a number of areas such as:
- Mental health
- Palliative care
- Sports medicine
- Community emergency care
- HLTHSCI 702 Foundations of Primary Health Care
- PAEDS 714 Emergency Paediatrics
- POPLHLTH 701 Research Methods in Health
- POPLHLTH 709 Evidence for Best Practice
- POPLHLTH 746 Ethics, Culture and Societal Approaches to Death
- POPLHLTH 763 Human Vaccinology
- POPLPRAC 702 Adult Mental Health and CBT Skills for Primary Care
- POPLPRAC 720 Psychosocial Issues in Palliative Care
- POPLPRAC 722 Symptom Management in Palliative Care
- POPLPRAC 723 Advanced Symptom Management in Palliative Care
- POPLPRAC 724 Child and Adolescent Palliative Care
- POPLPRAC 739 Urgent Primary Medical Care
- POPLPRAC 740 Urgent Primary Surgical Care
- POPLPRAC 754 Infant, Child and Adolescent Primary Mental Health
Where can postgraduate study in General Practice and Primary Healthcare take you?
The courses offered by the Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care are designed to increase the knowledge and expertise of health professionals working in primary health.
Jobs related to General Practice and Primary Healthcare
- Health professional
- Mental Health professional
- Palliative care professional
- Sports medicine professional
- Community Emergency care professional