Postgraduate study in Studio Pedagogy
What can you study in Studio Pedagogy?
At honours level, you will develop your academic writing and research abilities exploring topics that interest you. You will also be exposed to other advanced areas of pedagogy, such as:
- Cultural pedagogical differences
- Current and emerging educational trends
- Educational history and theory
- General research and academic writing techniques
- Music education practices
- Technological advancements in learning
- Vocal and instrumental skill and technical development
Studio Pedagogy graduates will have skills and strategies to teach music locally and abroad, in different contexts. You are also able to keep up your own personal practice, enabling you to perform, compose and teach.
The Master of Music degree takes this approach to a higher level. Your research will culminate in the submission of a substantial thesis. You will be guided towards independent research and study capability through a close mentoring relationship with experienced academics.
Help and advice
For any study-related queries, contact the Student Hubs.