Postgraduate study in Theology
What you can study in Theology
A Master of Theology equips you for further research in Theology and allied fields like Religious Studies. Tailored research projects allow you to explore the intersection between Theology and other fields like history, critical theory, politics, media, and the arts.
Master of Theology students join a community of scholars working in the allied fields of Theology and Religious Studies.
Staff are currently conducting research in the following areas:
- Religion and popular culture
- Religion and gender violence
- Jewish literature of the Second Temple Period
- Gender and queer approaches to religion and the Bible
- Biblical reception history
- Early Modern Christianity, especially the Reformation era
- The history of religious tolerance in the West
- Sectarianism in the English-speaking world in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries
Structuring your specialisation in Theology
Master of Theology
The MTheol consists of a 120-point thesis in the study of theology or religion.