This workshop is designed to introduce you to key elements of Access databases.
It will allow you to become familiar with the concepts required to design an initial database to collect and record data, query your information and produce a simple report.
- Database concepts and design principles
- Creating a database
- Creating a table, setting field properties and primary keys
- Entering and editing data within the table
- Creating a form for data entry
- Modifying the design of a form, and entering data using a form
- Searching for records using filters - by selection, advanced filters
- Creating select queries using set criteria
- Creating simple reports that sort and group data using the Report Wizard
- Simple formatting of reports within design view
- Learn the skills required to design, setup and use your first database
- Work from the initial brief and design stages, through to inputting and outputting your data
New and existing users
PC only. Access 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
Free for University of Auckland postgraduate students
$125+GST for others
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view session availability and register on a session.
For all others, please see our Registration page for more information on how to register or withdraw and our Cancellation Policy.
Dates, times and venues for 2018
January - March 2018
Dates will be published here in the new year. Alternatively request a custom workshop.