Build a basic spreadsheet including selection, formatting and printing options as well as creating formulas to calculate values.
A spreadsheet allows us to easily record and manipulate large amounts of data. Having a grounding in the basics enables us to easily get more from our spreadsheets.
Learn how to save time with your data entry, improve your efficiency and produce a more readable and professional output.
- Setting up a basic spreadsheet including formatting
- Page Setup options for printing
- AutoFill and Flash Fill features
- Building simple formulae
- Using the AutoSUM functions
- Sorting and filtering lists stored on a spreadsheet
- Utilising tables to manage data
- Understanding workbooks and moving and copying sheets
- Build a basic spreadsheet including formatting and printing options
- Understand design concepts, including basic formulas to perform calculations
- Deal with lists of data, often downloaded, to find and print what you need
New and existing users
PC and Mac computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Excel 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
Free for University of Auckland postgraduate students
$125+GST for others
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view session availability and register on a session.
For all others, please see our Registration page for more information on how to register or withdraw and our Cancellation Policy.
Dates, times and venues for 2018
January - March 2018
Dates will be published here in the new year. Alternatively request a custom workshop.