Build a basic spreadsheet including selection, formatting and printing options as well as creating formulas to calculate values.
A spreadsheet allows us to easily record and manipulate large amounts of data. Having a grounding in the basics enables us to easily get more from our spreadsheets.
Learn how to save time with your data entry, improve your efficiency and produce a more readable and professional output.
- Setting up a basic spreadsheet including formatting
- Page Setup options for printing
- AutoFill and Flash Fill features
- Building simple formulae
- Using the AutoSUM functions
- Sorting and filtering lists stored on a spreadsheet
- Utilising tables to manage data
- Understanding workbooks and moving and copying sheets
- Build a basic spreadsheet including formatting and printing options
- Understand design concepts, including basic formulas to perform calculations
- Deal with lists of data, often downloaded, to find and print what you need
PC and Mac computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Excel 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Dates, times and venues for scheduled workshops 2019
Please be aware that this workshop is not currently offered as a scheduled workshop.
For University of Auckland and UniServices staff, you can access equivalent online learning courses. Please refer to our Online learning page for more information.