Excel Power Pivot
Learn to utilise the features of Power Pivot to summarise large amounts of data and customise your analysis.
Power Pivot allows large amounts of data from various sources to be stored in an Excel workbook. Once there, data can be integrated by developing relationships in the Data Model. Power Pivot also supports its own set of functions known as DAX which allows you to develop your own summary calculations.
The results can be displayed using Excel’s Pivot Tables and interactive displays such as Power Map or Power View (not the main focus of the course).
- Deal with large data sets from a variety of sources in Power Pivot
- Review the Data Model to build relationships between tables of information
- Begin to explore the Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) formulas Power Pivot uses
- Learn to utilise aspects of Power Pivot as a BI tool
- Use the data model to create a series of Pivot Tables and Power View graphs
Alternatively, for University of Auckland and UniServices staff, please access the following Online learning courses to ensure you meet the minimum competency requirements for this workshop:
- Microsoft Office 2016 Advanced: Power Pivot Custom Formatting, Fills and Forms
This is an advanced level workshop suitable for those who have completed the Excel Pivot Tables course, prescribed online learning courses or who are competent with the prerequisite topics. Before registering for this workshop, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are competent with all the prerequisite topics.
PC only. Mac Excel 2011 or 2016 does not support this feature. Excel 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view workshop availability and register on a session.
All others, please see our Registration page for more information.
Please be aware that a Cancellation policy applies to these workshop sessions.
Dates, times and venues for scheduled workshops 2019