GLOBAL 101G Global Issues, Sustainable Futures
GLOBAL 101G | Open | Semester One 2023 | City Campus | 15 points
The basis for sustainability – social issues such as population and consumption, environmental issues such as climate change, limited resources and environmental degradation. Discusses the roles that various disciplines (law, business, engineering and urban planning) will play in developing solutions, including consideration of human rights and good governance, new concepts in economics and business management which will lead to sustainable businesses, developments in science and technology which will change how we manage resources and new visions for cities and communities which will support sustainable ways of life.
Restriction: GENED 101G
At the end of this course you will understand:
- the major global issues which are posing risks to the future of society
- the roles of professionals in various disciplines in resolving and mitigating these risks
- how solutions are being developed at various levels to contribute to achieving sustainability
- how to foster rational discussions on global issues and proposed solutions
- how to assist in developing solutions and approaches to achieve sustainability.
- Global issues
- Human rights, law and governance
- Sustainable business
- Sustainable infrastructure and technology
- Planning for sustainable cities