ITALIAN 100G Introductory Italian Language
ITALIAN 100G | Open | Semester One & Semester Two 2022 | City Campus | 15 points
Learn basic Italian language structures and communication skills, including common words and basic phrases concerning everyday life. Acquire skills of interacting verbally by asking and answering straightforward questions on familiar topics. The course is delivered through a combination of class instruction and interactive online activities. For students with no previous knowledge of Italian.
Restriction: ITALIAN 106. May not be taken if an equivalent or more advanced language acquisition course in this subject has previously been passed.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Communicate in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly.
- Demonstrate understanding and use of familiar everyday expressions and phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Describe yourself and others and ask and answer questions about yourself regarding provenance, family, home, work or study, interests and hobbies.
- Invite and respond to invitations of various type.
- Exhibit cultural competence: specific regions and cities, regional traditions and festivals, historic cafès, regional cuisine and products, everyday lifestyle.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic language structures: gender and number; articles and agreement; prepositions, partitive, possessives; subject pronouns; verbs in the present, passato prossimo and future tense.
- Be able to communicate by making phone calls and writing simple e-mails.
'The structure of the course is really good. Especially for the scale of the assessments and other works. You don't feel a lot of stress for the final exam if you do well in class and online quizzes during the semester.'
'The teacher was great, very passionate about the subject which made it fun. Also, very patient, helpful with students and highly approachable.'