KOREAN 110G Korean for Beginners 1
KOREAN 110G | Open Schedule | Summer School, Semester One 2017 | City Campus
Korea and Korean presence in New Zealand have been increasingly important. The University of Auckland has been offering Korean language and culture courses over twenty years so that students have an opportunity to get to know Korea and Koreans better.
This course aims to introduce beginners to basic spoken and written skills in modern Korean. It entails four class hours per week.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Carry out a conversation on simple topics of daily life.
- Comprehend simple Korean texts.
- Write about your own everyday life at a basic level.
- Reading and writing the Korean alphabet – consonants, vowels and syllable blocks
- Greetings and introducing yourself and your friends
- Asking questions
- Comparing items
- Negative expressions
- Changing topics
- Asking alternative questions
- Talking about your daily routine
- Making requests
- Talking about your family and others’ families
- Asking about locations in and around the house, university and town
- Expressing possessive relations
- Talking about activities on days of a week
- Expressing the purpose of your action
Two-hour examination (50%)