MĀORI 103G Introduction to Spoken Māori
MĀORI 103G | ARTS, BE, EMHSS, LC | Summer School, Semester One & Two 2021 | City Campus | 15 points
An introduction to spoken Māori for those with no previous knowledge of the language. Concentrates on the acquisition of aural and oral skills, developing the ability to understand and speak Māori.
Note: the course may not be taken if a more advanced language acquisition course in this subject has previously been passed.
By the end of the semester, a student who successfully completes this course will have the ability to:
- Introduce self and others and recite own whakapapa
- Confidently hold and understand a basic conversation to another in Māori
- Confidently able to give an basic opening and closing “karakia” in Māori
- Compose an impromptu explanation in Māori about a given picture
- Compose a grammatical piece of written work of approximately 100 Māori words.