After you have completed your online application, you must come to the University to sit diagnostic tests in English and Maths.
- The English test involves multi-choice questions in comprehension, grammar and vocabulary, and some personal writing.
- The Maths test is set at approximately the level of a Maths student in Years 11–12 in a New Zealand high school.
Before the tests
Please ensure you have applied online and submitted all required admission documents to the Admissions Office in the ClockTower.
Applications remain open until the date of the last tests. We will update you by email once you have applied online.
Attending a Diagnostic Testing Session
- You do not need an appointment, and there is no cost. You simply attend at the appointed venue, date and time. See Next Diagnostic Testing Session.
- You need your University of Auckland Student ID number.
- Bring a pen.
- Bring a passport-sized photo to attach to your tests. This is separate from any photo you send with your Citizenship/PR documents.
- Calculating devices or dictionaries are not allowed.
- All phones must be switched off.
What happens after the tests?
We will email or call you to either:
- offer a follow-up interview
- advise you of the outcome of your application
Interviews are not held on the same day as the tests. You'll need to be available during the following days/weeks. If this should be a concern you can further discuss this with us in person, by phone or by email.
If you require special conditions, such as extra time or you wish to sit alone, please email us prior to your session.
Please make yourself known to the people in charge on the day of the tests to inform them of your prior request.
Parking is available at the Owen G Glenn Building at 12 Grafton Road, City Campus. The cost will depend what time you arrive.
See parking options.
Entry into Semester Two 2019
When: Monday 10 June
Where: Fisher and Paykel Appliances Auditorium (Building 260; Room 115), 12 Grafton Road
When: 10 am
If the date is of concern to you for any reason then please email us.
Please continue to check the website for updated information.
Once you have submitted your application online, we will contact you by email to remind you of the need to attend the tests.