Parking for Staff with Family Responsibilities Guidelines
These guidelines apply to all staff members at the University.
These guidelines outline the process for issuing parking permits to staff with family responsibilities, which is administered by the Equity Office.
- Temporary parking permits for staff members with family responsibilities are intended to cover short-term emergency situations or pregnancy related conditions for staff who do not hold University parking permits or who need to park temporarily in a different location
- They are available for a period of up to four weeks, but may be renewed, depending on circumstances
- The permits allow the holder to seek parking in University carparking areas
- It does not guarantee a park if no spaces are available
- Examples of circumstances in which staff may require parking permits include:
- needing to visit a seriously ill family member during working hours
- women in the later stages of pregnancy or suffering complications (pregnancy in itself does not constitute grounds)
- women returning to work after childbirth
- women having difficulty in arranging breast feeding
- Staff members should fill in an application form stating the reason for application and the length of time the permit is required
- They may attach supporting information such as a statement from their HoD/manager
- Applicants who currently hold permits but require parking closer to their buildings will also be considered
- Staff members will be charged for the duration they hold a permit and they must be returned by the day they expire, or staff may apply for an extension where necessary
- Each application will be considered by the Associate Director HR Staff Equity
- Application forms can be obtained by contacting email@example.com
The following definitions apply to this document:
Staff member refers to an individual employed by the University on a full or part time basis.
University means the University of Auckland and includes all subsidiaries.
Document management and control
Content manager: Director Staff Equity
Owner: Pro Vice-Chancellor Staff Equity
Date reviewed: April 2018
Review date: April 2021
More information about the University’s commitment to be a fair and inclusive place to study and work can be found on the Equity at the University website.