• To support the University to meet its obligations to acknowledge the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
• To advise Council on the appropriateness of relevant sections of the
Charter, Strategic Plan, Graduate Profile and Council policies in terms of the University's aspirations to partner with Māori and support Māori development.
• To advise Council on the progress and achievements of the University towards its strategic objectives for Māori.
• To advise management on operational matters relevant to the delivery on strategic objectives for Māori.
• To consider and advise appropriate Senate committees, and through them Council, on academic matters that have direct relevance to Māori curriculum content, delivery and research.
• To provide to Council and senior management such other advice as may be requested from time to time
• Members (other than ex-officio) to be appointed by the Pro Vice- Chancellor Māori with an alternate able to attend if the representative is unable to attend
• Membership to be reviewed every three years
The Rūnanga will comply with all University policy as a Committee of Council.
Meetings will be open to all Māori Staff at the University of Auckland and consensus sought on decisions, though only members will be able to vote.
The Rūnanga reports twice yearly to Council.
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Māori) - Chair
- Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor (Māori), Kaiarataki - Deputy Chair
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Equity) – ex officio
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Pacific) – ex officio
- The two co-Presidents of Ngā Tauira Māori
Appointed by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Māori):
- Waipapa representative
- Deputy Dean/Associate Dean representative
- Māori Research Centre representative
- Te Mātanga Reo representative
- Kaiārahi representative
Meetings are held on Thursdays in the JHMRC, 18 Wynyard Street, City Campus, from 1pm to 3pm on the following dates:
- 14 March 2019
- 16 May 2019
- 18 July 2019
- 19 September 2019
- 14 November 2019
Please contact the Rūnanga Secretary:
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 82525