Volunteering matters - and is good for you!
Research has found that volunteering significantly relates to better mental and physical health, life satisfaction, self-esteem and happiness.
- gives you a sense of accomplishment
- helps you develop new skills
- benefits the causes you care about
- connects you to new people
- is fantastic for your community
- 93% of New Zealand employers believe that volunteering is a credible way to get real-work experience
- 89% of New Zealand employers believe that candidates who have volunteered during university in a role related to their studies have an advantage when it comes to securing relevant paid employment
- 94% of New Zealand employers agree that volunteering can be a great way to gain experience and skills that can be used in an individual’s paid work.
I believe giving to something bigger than ourselves is a part of our wellbeing. We are all connected to each other and the world.