Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) training and record keeping
Learn about how you can manage and control hazards in the office and the general work environment.
- All workers shall ensure that protective clothing is always worn
- Correct PPE is to be worn at the appropriate times for the task being undertaken
- Correct clothing and PPE shall be worn as specified in accordance to the risk assessment, relevant procedures, safe work instruction and specified requirements (ie. signage)
- PPE shall fit the user for size, shape or any other key feature to guarantee effectiveness and minimise discomfort
- All workers shall be given training in the correct identification, inspection, maintenance, use and fitting of PPE. Training should be completed when new clothing and PPE is purchased
- All records pertaining to issue and training of PPE are to be kept
- Workers shall wear / use the required PPE in the correct manner
- PPE found to be damaged or outside the relevant specifications or standards shall be tagged, not used and your manager / supervisor notified
- Workers shall not make substitutions to the PPE supplied/ issued.
Last Updated: Sep 2020
Next Review: Sep 2023
Approver: Associate Director, Health Safety & Wellbeing