Residents' Association and Residential Advisory Committee
Rōpū Kainoho & Komiti Whakamāherehere Wharenoho
Rōpū Kainoho | Residents’ Association:
Every year our Halls of Residence form a Residents’ Association. This Association is made up of a Hall elected President and Vice-President and floor elected Floor Representatives. Your Residents’ Association are responsible for arranging student led events and initiatives. They are also some of the biggest cheerleaders for the Hall, supporting our Inter-Res Events and showing prospective students around. Your Hall President will also seek feedback from the Resident body and meets regularly with the Resident Manager to feed this back.
Our self-catered residences elect a student Representative for the whole community, who also meets with and works with the Resident Manager regularly.
Komiti Whakamāherehere Wharenoho | Residential Advisory Committee:
Our Residential Advisory Committee (RAC) is made up of representatives (Māngai Wharenoho Tauira) from every Accommodation community. The RAC meets at least five times a year. The function of the committee is to:
- Ensure regular communication between Campus Life and the Resident Body.
- Consult with, advise and make recommendations to Campus Life, Accommodation and the Residential Leadership teams.
- Provide a forum for discussion of developments that support the overall student experience in the Residences.
- Provide advice to inform strategies in response to issue of student satisfaction and services, including those identified in the satisfaction surveys.
- Where appropriate and when required, act as an appropriate reference group for residential initiatives affecting the student experience.