Sport and Recreation can customise active wellbeing opportunities for your team or group, in person as well as online!
Actively Well is an initiative driven by Sport and Recreation designed to help students and staff of the university engage in active wellbeing opportunities. Using a collaborative approach, Sport and Recreation are able to offer various active wellbeing opportunities and support to coincide with events across campus. Research validates the importance of physical activity for improving cognitive performance and overall wellbeing. Let our team of health and fitness experts deliver a fun and inclusive programme for your next group activity.
What we can offer
We have a number of health and active wellbeing professionals available to facilitate an active wellbeing opportunity for you. The below outlines our key services available which we can create an Actively Well Package to suit your needs.
|Service||Pricing starting from:|
|Instructor Hire||$90 per session|
|Sport & Rec Facility Room Hire||$52 per session|
|Admin Fee||$35 per session|
|Service Add-on's||Pricing starting from:|
|Pre + post programme assessments
(15 minute per person)
|$35 per person|
(3D body composition scan)
|$30 per person
|Active Wellbeing Education Session||TBD|
Below are some examples of packages we can offer
Actively well at your place
We can come to you! Our team can deliver one off classes or seminars external to the Recreation Centre. This could be bootcamp in facility atriums, yoga in shared common areas or a seminar on nutrition in a classroom etc. Costs are dependent on your booking requirements. T's & C's apply.
Actively well at our place (choose one of the two options)
a) Special request for a group fitness class in studio, i.e. a dedicated yoga class for your group in our Mind Body Studio or a glow party in our group fitness studio.
b) Special request for workshop/seminar i.e nutrition/ specialised fitness held in one of our bookable spaces at Sport and Recreation.
Actively well online
Our team are available to deliver online presentations and have done so successfully in collaboration with the Organisational Development Team.
Click here for an example of our Health and Wellbeing Coordinator, Emma Gillard, delivering an Actovely Well webinar for over 140 UoA staff.
Bene-Fit Wellness Programme (Special Staff Offer!)
4 week programme including 2x 30minute group training circuits per week.
This programme is a great way to bring colleagues together to focus on boosting morale and fitness simultaneously. Programme can be run in the Recreation Centre or onsite within a faculty/ department building. Pre and post assessments included. Costs and T&C's apply.
For more information visit the Bene-Fit website.
Join existing inhouse group fitness classes. With over 40 classes on offer per week, we can accomodate groups of people for special events or occasions, i.e 'international recognition days', free of charge. Bookings required via 'UoA Fitness' app. T&Cs apply.
Learn more about our classes and view our current Group Fitness timetable.
On-going opportunities for individuals and groups
Here at Sport and Recreation, we have a wide range of active wellbeing opportunities you can choose from which are suitable for individuals or groups. Check out the various options below.
- Play Sport or a try our marine sports
- Gym Memberships
- Fitness Consultations/ Personal Training
- Free online classes and workouts
- Premium Programmes (i.e. self defence, dance, boxing, girls squad, reformer pilates)
- Ask a Trainer (a 4 part series covering various health and fitness topics)
If you have a special event or occasion and wish to have an active wellbeing session but aren’t quite sure what you need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Give us a try first
As part of Sport and Recreation, we have a number opportunities for you to trial our services prior to registering, details as follows:
Student and staff free trials
Students and staff of UoA are welcome to a free trial of our facilities. To redeem your free trial, please email email@example.com
Online Classes and Training
Keeping active doesnt mean you have to join the gym, we have a number of free online options so you can workout from home. A number of our group fitness classes are livestreamed from our studios each day and we have a variety of prerecorded option so you can workout in your own time.
See more information about our online fitness and wellbeing offerings.
Group Training Programme Trials
You are welcome to try our reformer pilates and boxfit classes for $10, to book in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
- For a single session (excluding online), a minimum $160 booking fee applies which includes instructor hire. All other options are subject to requirement with details confirmed following booking request.
- Booking requests must be atleast 3 weeks prior to preferred date.
- Bookings are subject to the availability of our instructors so some flexibility in your request is preferred. The use of Recreation Centre instructors is mandatory.
- For booking requests delivered at the Recreation Centre, please note that the bookings are a colloborative effort with Sport and Recreation to ensure booking meets health and safety requirements and quality control expectations.
- Bookings must be compliant with Covid-19 guidelines and include sanitising and contact tracing etc.
- A registration process applies to all bookings which is handled by the booking owner, the registration must include a waiver to acknowledge risks of participating in exercise. For bookings within Sport and Recreation facilities, registration details must be shared for contact tracing and facility evacuation requirements.
- The marketing and promotion of your bookings to generate participants is the responsibility of the booking owner.
- For bookings external to Sport and Recreation facilities, considerations must be made for travel/parking, logistics including equipment and audio.
- Payments made via journal, invoice or one off payment via cc in our online store, these methods will be sent upon booking confirmation.
- For any cancellations, conditions vary between booking options and will be handled indivudually. A minimum 5 business day notice for full refund.