UniGuide connects you with a student mentor who can help you settle into university life.
Apply to be a UniGuide in 2020
About the programme
As a new student at the University, it can be challenging to meet new friends, learn about campus resources and services, or find out where classes are located.
The UniGuide programme is a free service designed to help make your first semester easier, by connecting you with a student mentor who can show you the ropes.
Whether it is a question about buying books, using public transportation, or finding a good cup of coffee, UniGuides are there to help.
Watch this short video to learn more about the UniGuide Programme:
What is a UniGuide?
UniGuides are current students who volunteer their time to help new students settle into their new University life. During semester, your UniGuide mentor will provide guidance and support including helping you meet new friends, learn about campus resources and services, or even just to find your classes. Whether you have a question about buying books, using public transportation or finding a good cup of coffee, your UniGuide can help!
In Semester One 2016, nearly 300 UniGuides served as mentors for nearly 5,000 new students.
During the semester, your UniGuide will provide guidance and support through:
- Giving you tips.
- Letting you know about different activities on campus.
- Answering or following up on any questions you might have.
How do I get a UniGuide?
You will be matched with a UniGuide and placed into small groups of new students from the same faculty at your faculty Orientation. Look for them wearing a red shirt!
Afterwards, your UniGuide will show you around campus, answer any questions you might have, and get you settled into student life at the University of Auckland.
For more information, email us.
Becoming a UniGuide
The UniGuide Programme gives you an opportunity to:
- Give back to the University by helping others just starting their academic career.
- Develop leadership, mentoring and networking skills.
- Meet heaps of new people and get connected to the University of Auckland and all that it has to offer.
- Enhance your CV through valued volunteer experience.
- Talk to students live online before the semester starts.