Become a UniGuide
Become a mentor to others and help new students settle into university life.
Applications for 2024 are now open!
What does a UniGuide do?
As a UniGuide, you will use your own experiences and perspectives to guide new students through Orientation, helping them explore academic life, campus activities and everything that the University of Auckland has to offer.
This is a unique volunteer opportunity to:
- Give back by helping new students’ transition
- Meet heaps of new people from diverse backgrounds
- Gain transferable skills in leadership and public speaking
- Enhance future employability
- Participate in professional development workshops
- Be a positive influence, while having fun
- Work towards your co-curricular record through the Community Engagement path
Is training available?
Yes, absolutely. All UniGuides will be expected to attend training and volunteer for Orientation days.
Please save these dates in your calendar:
Semester One UniGuide Training: Thursday 15 - Friday 16 February 2024
Semester One Undergraduate Orientation: Monday 19 - Friday 23 February 2024
You'll also have the option to continue and help out with Semester Two Orientation.
Check out the short video below to hear from some of our UniGuides.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be in touch!