Become a UniGuide
Become a mentor to others and help new students settle into university life.
Important note: 2023 applications open
Applications for 2023 are now open. Learn about the programme below and apply!
What does a UniGuide do?
As a UniGuide, you will use your own experiences and perspectives to guide new students through the Orientation, helping them explore academic life, campus activities and everything that University of Auckland has to offer.
This is a unique volunteer opportunity to:
- Give back to the University by helping new students’ transition
- Meet heaps of new people from diverse backgrounds
- Gain transferable skills in leadership and public speaking
- Enhance future employability
- Participate in professional development workshops
- Be a positive influence, while having fun
- Work towards your co-curricular record through the Community Engagement path
All UniGuides will be expected to attend training and volunteer for Orientation days. Please save these dates in your calendar:
Semester One UniGuide Training: 16-17 February 2023
Semester One Undergraduate Orientation: 20-24 February 2023
For more information or questions, email us at email@example.com
Ready to apply?
Have you been a UniGuide before?
New to the UniGuide programme?
If this is your first time applying to be a UniGuide, please apply and follow the instructions below:
- Choose an interview slot
- RSVP to an interview slot by clicking 'I will attend the event'
- Complete the RSVP questions
- Attend the interview
For more information or questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the short video below to learn more about the UniGuide Programme.