Here you’ll find important information for graduands.
Confirmation of Application to Graduate
- If you have successfully applied to graduate (either in person on in absentia) you will receive a confirmation email within 1-2 working days.
- A final confirmation email; which includes ceremony details, regalia and ticketing information, will be sent to your student university email shortly after applications to graduate have closed.
- If you or your guests need to make any flight bookings or travel arrangements, we strongly advise doing this only after you have received a confirmation email.
Deferring your graduation
- If you don’t want to graduate in the upcoming Graduation, simply do not complete the application form when it opens on Student Services Online.
- If this is the first time you’ve deferred your graduation, you’ll be sent a new invitation to apply for the next graduation season.
- In the meantime, you’ll still receive reminders until the graduation closing date.
- If you apply to graduate and change your mind, you can defer your application by contacting us before the application closing date.
- If you do not advise the Graduation Office before the deferral closing date that you wish to defer, you will graduate in absentia from the ceremony. This means you will not be able to attend a future ceremony for this qualification.
Request for late deferral of graduation
The final date to defer your graduation for Spring 2019 has now passed.
After this date it is not possible to defer, and if you are unable to attend the ceremony you will graduate in absentia. No correspondence will be entered into regarding deferral after this date.
The Graduation Office is unable to make changes after this date as convocation data is collated and finalised. Any late requests would disrupt critical, time-sensitive processes such as printing certificates and programmes, ceremony scripts and allocating student and guest seats. There is no right of appeal against a decision from the Graduation Office to decline a late deferral.
If you’d like to request a deferral of graduation, before the closing date, contact our Student Support team.
The following scholarships are recognised at graduation.
The University of Auckland scholarships
- Māori and Pacific Graduate
- Senior Scholar
- Woolf Fisher
- Bright Future Top Achiever Doctoral
The scholarship must be based on the degree in which you are graduating and must have been accepted by you through the University by the application closing date.
Guest tickets and seating
- If you choose to be an ‘in person graduand’, you can request guest tickets on your graduation application form (note that graduands do not require a ticket).
- The ceremony venue can accommodate three guests per in person graduand.
- We will guarantee orders of up to three tickets for your ceremony if you request them before the application closing date.
If you need special seating arrangements due to disability, or need a place for a wheelchair, email the Graduation Office as soon as possible but no later than two weeks before graduation.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your Student ID number
- The qualification with which you will be graduating
- The details of your special requirements
We’ll contact you approximately two weeks before your ceremony to confirm arrangements.
Owing a debt to the University
If you have any outstanding fees or fines, you can still apply to graduate but your certificate may be withheld.
Once the debt is paid, the hold will be removed from your account, and your certificate will be made available.
Spring 2019 Faculty Celebrations
Faculty Celebration information will be made available closer to event.