Here you’ll find important information for graduands.
Spring 2023 Graduation e-book
The Graduation e-book is now available. This e-book has information on graduation such as the ceremony schedule and what you need to get sorted before you cross the stage. You are more than welcome to forward the link to your friends and whānau.
Access the Graduation e-book.
Confirmation of Application to Graduate
- If you have successfully applied to graduate (either in person on in absentia) you will receive a confirmation email within 1-3 working days.
- A final confirmation email; which includes ceremony details, regalia and ticketing information, will be sent to your student university email shortly after applications to graduate have closed.
- If you or your guests need to make any flight bookings or travel arrangements, we strongly advise doing this only after you have received a confirmation email.
The following scholarships are recognised at graduation.
The University of Auckland scholarships
- Māori and Pacific Graduate
- Senior Scholar
- Woolf Fisher
- Bright Future Top Achiever Doctoral
The scholarship must be based on the degree in which you are graduating and must have been accepted by you through the University by the application closing date.
Guest tickets and seating
- If you choose to be an ‘in person graduand’, you can request guest tickets on your graduation application form (note that graduands do not require a ticket).
- The ceremony venue can accommodate three guests per in person graduand.
- We will guarantee orders of up to three tickets for your ceremony if you request them before the application closing date.
If you need special seating arrangements due to disability, or need a place for a wheelchair, email the Graduation Office as soon as possible but no later than the application closing date.
Email: email@example.com and include:
- Your Student ID number
- The qualification with which you will be graduating
- The details of your special requirements
We’ll contact you before your ceremony to confirm arrangements. We will also assist you on the graduation day.
Owing a debt to the University
If you have any outstanding fees or fines, you can still apply to graduate but your certificate may be withheld. Please note, an outstanding debt may prevent you from meeting the requirements of your programme.
Once the debt is paid, the hold will be removed from your account, and your certificate will be made available.