Pecha Kucha 6x20 category
All the details for the Pecha Kucha category of the SGS Research Showcase.
How to enter
Share your research in just 120 seconds! Create a Pecha Kucha presentation summing up your research – just six slides, twenty seconds per slide, with a voiceover narrating the presentation.
Your video will be played at the Research Showcase event if shortlisted.
The Pecha Kucha entry will be assessed with the following criteria:
Comprehension and content
- The background/context and significance of the research is explained.
- The methods: data collection and results/findings are explained.
- The outcomes/conclusion and impact of the research is explained.
Engagement and communication
- The presenter spoke clearly and used language appropriate for a non-specialist audience.
- The slideshow was visually interesting and conveyed effective use of images and statistics.
- The presenter conveyed enthusiasm and told a memorable story about their research.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry is open to eligible doctoral candidates and research masters (90 points or over) students
- Power point presentations must consist of six 20-second slides (two minutes in total).
- One entry per person per category only is allowed.
- To enter, an entry form should be submitted with the power point presentation by the given deadline.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- All entrants must ensure that they are the original creator of the presentation.
- Presentations may be displayed online on Figshare and on the University website. A selection of shortlisted presentations will be displayed on campus at the showcase event.