Why choose Summer School?
Take advantage of the summer break to:
- Start or continue your degree or diploma studies
- Progress through your programme more quickly
- Make up for unsatisfactory performance in a previous semester
- Spread a heavy workload
If you're new to University, our Summer Start programme lets you earn credits towards your degree, experience our campus and get started on your academic journey. Find out more about this new programme here.
If you are completing a conjoint degree, Summer School gives you greater flexibility for scheduling courses and spreading workloads. You can also quickly improve your overall grade point average.
Students from other tertiary institutions
You can study at Summer School. These courses may be credited back to your degree at your home institution.
What to expect from Summer School
- Summer School delivers a selection of undergraduate, postgraduate and General Education courses over 6 weeks from early January to mid-February, using a short, intensive teaching format.
- All courses offered are taught and examined to the same standard as Semester One and Two courses.
- Courses include those that contribute towards the core components of the Bachelors of Commerce, Arts and Science degrees.
- Summer School also includes many introductory-level courses likely to be of interest as electives. It also provides a basis for possible advanced-level study.