Our qualified and experienced English language teachers can help identify your language needs, plan your learning and select the right language resources for you.
Any University of Auckland student or staff member can book an in-person or online language consultation.
Arranging an appointment
- Select your preferred appointment time.
- Provide details about what you would like to focus on during your meeting.
- You will receive an auto-email confirming your appointment time.
- On-campus appointments are held immediately above the Student IT Hub in:
Room 324, Level 3,
Kate Edger Information Commons
- Online appointments are held via Zoom. Just before your meeting, you will receive an email from an ELE Adviser with a link to join a meeting.
What we can and can't do
- ELE Learning Advisers will help you improve and check your own writing, but will not correct your assessments.
- You will normally see an Adviser up to four times per semester. Each of your meetings should be about a different assessment or language question.
- Advisers will try to see all students who would like advice, but at busy times, this may not be possible.
- ELE follows the University's use of Third Party Assistance in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework: Guidelines for students. You must read these guidelines before your advisory session.
Additional language resources
Contact us by email if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org