Equity at UHCS
Maori and Pacific Health
UHCS has a strong focus on improving the health and wellbeing outcomes of our Māori and Pacific communities.
Transforming healthcare and improving health outcomes requires partnership and increased focus on addressing the growing equity gaps.
As well as supporting our team to care for individual patients, UHCS has a strong focus on improving outcomes for people. This is through health promotion activities to reach vulnerable groups avoid health risks such as rheumatic fever, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and other communicable diseases.
We work closely with the University's Equity Team to ensure all support options are available to those who need them.
Health Equity Initiatives at UHCS
- Improving access to free health checks
- Smoking Cessation support
- High Needs Patient access to flu vaccinations
- Free Condoms
- Free Sanitary Products including sustainable options
- Free Contraception advice and support