Printing, copying and scanning
You can print, copy and scan using our all-in-one devices anywhere on campus.
We have all-in-one devices capable of printing, photocopying and scanning located in our study spaces, libraries and student accommodation.
All you need is your campus card or your student email and password, and funds loaded to your University printing account.
For more information, check out Top up Campus Card.
|Black and white, A4/A3
|10¢ per side
|10¢ per side
|20¢ per side
|20¢ per side
How to print
- If you are printing from your own device, you may need to connect it to the FollowMe printing network first.
- We also have a webprint option available, where documents can be uploaded directly to the network. To access this, visit papercut.auckland.ac.nz.
- All University PCs are already connected to the FollowMe network. You can log in and print from these any time you like.
- Once you’ve connected to the network, select 'FollowMe B&W' or 'FollowMe Colour' as your printing queue.
- Then, locate your nearest printer and log in by either tapping your Campus Card on the card sensor, or using the touchscreen to enter your login details.
- Click 'print-release' to collect your document.
Instructions for printing on different personal devices:
- Printing with Windows devices (PDF instructions)
- Printing with Apple computers (PDF instructions)
- Printing with Apple devices (PDF instructions)
- Printing with Android devices (PDF instructions)
If you have any issues or need assistance with using our printing network, please visit the friendly staff at the Student IT Hub.
Not all printers in the main study spaces are able to print in both black and white, and colour. Colour printers are clearly marked with signage.
How to scan
1. Find the nearest printer with scanning facilities and place the document you wish to scan in the document tray, or on the glass.
2. Log in by either tapping your Campus Card on the card sensor or using the touchscreen to manually input your login details.
3. Using the touchscreen click 'scan'. You will get four options for where to send the scanned document.
- Scan to my email
- Google Drive
- Scan to OneDrive
4. Type in the email, drive, or dropbox you wish to scan to and the filename of the document you wish to create, and then click 'scan' at the bottom of the screen to start scanning.
How to photocopy
1. Find the nearest printer with photocopying facilities and place the papers you wish to copy in the document tray.
2. Log in by either tapping your Campus Card on the card sensor or using the touchscreen to enter your login details.
3. Using the touch screen click 'copy' or 'device function'. This will lead you to an options screen.
4. Select your desired options, such as size, layout, double-sided etc., and then press the 'start' button to copy your document.
For further assistance, visit the Student IT Hub.