If you’re applying for a bachelors degree, a certificate or other undergraduate programme, here’s our step-by-step guide for applications, admission and enrolment. Or you can follow along with our How to Apply video.
Step 1. Choose your programme
Step 2. Apply for admission
Before you apply you will need,
- your up-to-date active personal email address
- information on your prior study, including appropriate qualification codes or identification numbers. For example:
- National Student Number or NSN (for NCEA students)
- Candidate Code and Centre ID Code (for CIE students in NZ)
- Personal Code (for IB students in NZ)
Is this your first time applying with us?
- Click Apply now.
- Register for a new account:
- Click ‘Sign up for a new account’ below the Password field.
- A confirmation message will ask you to confirm sign up for a new account. Select ‘Confirm’.
- The 'Register for a new account' page will appear. Enter your email address, name and a password and click ‘Register’ (After accepting the IT Acceptable Use Policy and Disclaimer).
- On the next page provide your contact details, date of birth, citizenship and ethnicity. Please also indicate if you have a disability so we can better meet your needs.
- Complete all your Application for Admission sections, including:
- ‘Academic History’: Enter all qualifications you completed or are currently completing.
- ‘Programme Selection’: Select your intended programme.
- Upload any documents requested (e.g. transcripts from your prior study)
- Submit your application.
- Ensure you have read the Declaration section. Click, ‘I Agree’ and ‘Submit application.’
If you have applied, studied or worked with us before
- Jump back in to your Application for Admission by visiting Continue your application
- Use either your ID number or the email address used when you applied, and your password.
- To reset your password, please visit Change or reset your password
- View/Update your personal details.
- Click, ‘Apply for programme’ to add a new programme.
- You can apply for a maximum of six programmes. If you are applying under Special Admission category, you can only have two active applications.
- Submit your application.
- You will need to read the declaration first and, if you agree to it, click ‘I Agree’. Then you can click ‘Submit application.’
What to expect after you apply
Within two working days, you will receive an acknowledgement email with:
- A list of supporting documents we require.
- A Student ID number for logging into your Application for Admission (if this is your first time applying to the University of Auckland).
Step 3. Submit your supporting documents
Jump back in to your application to provide the documents we require from you. These can be can be found in your acknowledgement email or in your 'things to do' list in your application. To access your application portal, please visit Continue your application.
For more information around application documents, visit AskAuckland - documents.
Step 4. Track your application progress
If you applied for the next semester intake, an admission decision will be made within four weeks from receipt of the required documents. Delays may occur for future semester intakes and during peak admission periods (September-January and May-July). Some documents may take longer to process than others.
The time taken to notify you of an offer of place can vary depending on the assessment of programme-specific requirements such as a portfolio, audition and/or interview.
To see the status of your submitted documents, you can jump back in to your application and access your list of things to do. To access your application, please visit Continue your application.
Step 5. View your application decision
You can jump back in to your application to see the status of your application(s) and whether a decision on your application has been made. If you have been made an offer of place, you will be able to accept or decline the offer.
To access your application, please visit Continue your application.
Offer of place
When you accept an offer of place, you are admitted to your programme. We will acknowledge your acceptance by email, with information on how to enrol.
If you have a conditional offer of place, you will need to meet all the conditions before you can enrol.
Step 6. Enrol in your courses
You can now enrol in courses for your programme. For help with choosing courses and enrolment, see Undergraduate enrolment.
Paying your fees
The fees you pay are based on the courses you enrol in. For information about fees and how to pay, visit Tuition fees.