If you’re applying for a bachelors degree, a certificate or other undergraduate programme, here’s our step-by-step guide for applications, admission and enrolment.
Step 1. Choose your programme
Step 2. Apply for admission
Before you apply you will need,
- your up-to-date active personal email address
- information on your prior study, including appropriate qualification codes or identification numbers. For example:
- National Student Number or NSN (for NCEA students)
- Candidate Code and Centre ID Code (for CIE students in NZ)
- Personal Code (for IB students in NZ)
Is this your first time applying with us?
- Click Apply now.
- Register for a new account:
- Click ‘Sign up for a new account’ below the Password field.
- A confirmation message will ask you to confirm sign up for a new account. Select ‘Confirm’.
- The 'Register for a new account' page will appear. Enter your email address, name and a password and click ‘Register’ (After accepting the IT Acceptable Use Policy and Disclaimer).
- On the next page provide your contact details, date of birth, citizenship and ethnicity. Please also indicate if you have a disability so we can better meet your needs.
- Complete all your Application for Admission sections, including:
- ‘Academic History’: Enter all qualifications you completed or are currently completing.
- ‘Programme Selection’: Select your intended programme.
- Upload any documents requested (e.g. transcripts from your prior study)
- Submit your application.
- Ensure you have read the Declaration section. Click, ‘I Agree’ and ‘Submit application.’
If you have applied, studied or worked with us before
- Jump back in to your Application for Admission.
- Use either your ID number or the email address used when you applied, and your password.
- To reset your password, see I have forgotten my password.
- View/Update your personal details.
- Click, ‘Apply for programme’ to add a new programme.
- You can apply for a maximum of six programmes. If you are applying under Special Admission category, you can only have two active applications.
- Submit your application.
- You will need to read the declaration first and, if you agree to it, click ‘I Agree’. Then you can click ‘Submit application.’
What to expect after you apply
Within two working days, you will receive an acknowledgement email with:
- A list of supporting documents we require.
- A Student ID number for logging into your Application for Admission (if this is your first time applying to the University of Auckland).
Step 3. Submit your supporting documents
Jump back in to your Application for Admission to provide the documents we require from you. These can be can be found in your acknowledgement email or in your 'things to do' list in your Application for Admission.
For more information around application documents, visit AskAuckland - documents.
Step 4. Track your application progress
If you applied for the next semester intake, an admission decision will be made within four weeks from receipt of the required documents. Delays may occur for future semester intakes and during peak admission periods (September-January and May-July). Some documents may take longer to process than others.
The time taken to notify you of an offer of place can vary depending on the assessment of programme-specific requirements such as a portfolio, audition and/or interview.
Step 5. View your application decision
You can jump back in to your Application for Admission to see the status of your application(s) and whether a decision on your application has been made. If you have been made an offer of place, you will be able to accept or decline the offer.
Offer of place
When you accept an offer of place, you are admitted to your programme. We will acknowledge your acceptance by email, with information on how to enrol.
If you have a conditional offer of place, you will need to meet all the conditions before you can enrol.