Why study with us
Talofa! Malo e lelei! Kia orana! Fakalofa Lahi Atu! Welcome to the University of Auckland, New Zealand’s world-ranked university.
Why you should study with us
- World-class teaching with highly qualified and experienced teachers.
- Research excellence from a global leader in Pacific research.
- New Zealand’s only Centre for Pacific Studies.
- The Mira Szászy Research Centre - New Zealand's first dedicated Māori and Pacific research facility in business and economics.
- Dedicated Pacific scholarships.
- Options for gaining entry.
- A strong Pacific student support network, including Fale Pasifika, study assistance and mentors.
- Vibrant campus life including sports, cultural and social activities.
- More than 30 undergraduate programmes to choose from.
Find out more at University of Auckland at a glance.
Studying with us helps you maintain family links and traditional values while giving you the qualifications to get a better job. We are home to New Zealand’s largest collection of Pacific scholars and Pacific staff in the Polynesian capital of the world.
This is your opportunity to achieve the amazing.
How successful are our Pacific students?
- In 2015, we had more than 3582 Pacific students - the largest number studying for degrees at any Auckland university.
- We have more Pacific graduates at bachelors level or higher than any other institution.
- 75 per cent of our Pacific students completed their courses in 2015.
- Our alumni include many of the most distinguished Pacific leaders and educators.