University of Auckland Māori Academic Excellence Scholarships
Awarded to New Zealand Māori students, who have excellent academic achievement and active participation in community, cultural and other activities.
$20,000 paid over three years.
This scholarship also includes a guaranteed place in a Hall of Residence.
For detailed information about the scholarship value and accommodation components, visit The University of Auckland Māori Academic Excellence Scholarships regulations.
Am I eligible for this scholarship?
You need a minimum NCEA rank score of 240 (obtained from study in Year 12) to qualify for consideration. This is equivalent to a CIE rank score of 300 or an IB predicted score of 32.
Assessment criteria includes:
- The number of Excellence credits you attained at NCEA Level 2 (or equivalent)
- Whether you competed in the finals of academic, sporting or arts competitions
- Whether you held senior leadership positions at school
- If you have demonstrated cultural leadership in your school or community
- If you have been awarded a community-based honour
- If you have been selected by an outside agency or trust to attend leadership training or personal development programme
The University of Auckland is a committed to providing a safe, inclusive and equitable study environment for all students who have the potential to succeed in a university of high international standing.
The Māori Academic Excellence Scholarship acknowledges that some talented students may face barriers to entry and takes into account if you are the first in your immediate family to attend university or if you have a disability.
The University also has a rigorous process for reviewing all applications, and ensuring scholarship recipients are drawn from secondary schools across New Zealand.
Apply for the University of Auckland Māori Academic Excellence Scholarships
Ready to apply? Download a copy of the regulations and check that you are eligible before you start your application.
When you are ready, click on the blue "Apply here" button on the University of Auckland Māori Academic Excellence Scholarships application page and complete the online application form.
Remember, applications close at 5pm on 22 August.