The BDes/BProp usually takes four years to complete.
You will need to complete a total of 540 points, consisting of:
- 255 points from BProp courses
- 255 points from BDes courses:
- 165 points BDes core courses
- 90 points from BDes elective courses
- 15 points from General Education
- 15 points from courses available for any programme
In your Design component, alongside design foundation courses and studio practice, you will build your own study plan of six elective courses from our four design themes:
- Design and Local Community Practices
- Design and Global Challenges
- Design and Business
- Design and Emerging Technologies
In your final year, you will undertake a capstone design research project, working from the initial discovery phase right through to testing and implementation.
In your first year of studying Property, you will complete compulsory core Business courses, which will become the building blocks for your degree. The following years comprise more specialised Property courses, including Valuation, Finance and Investment, Economics, Law, Land Use Planning and Controls, Marketing, Management, and Building Construction. In your final year, you will continue to develop your knowledge in the major areas of Property and demonstrate your learning in an applied Property project.
You will probably enrol in nine 15-point courses (135 points) each year if you want to complete in four years. You need to maintain a Grade Point Average of 3.5 each year to continue with your conjoint.