Postgraduate study in Clinical Education
What can you study in Clinical Education?
If you are involved in delivering medical undergraduate or specialist training programmes, Clinical Education can help you learn the skills required to become an excellent educator.
We offer a range of clinical education courses on the following topics:
- Clinical Teaching
- Assessing Clinical Performance
- Learning in Small Groups
- Curriculum and Course Design
- Clinical Supervision
- Simulation and Clinical Skills
- Interprofessional Learning
- Teaching and Learning in the Clinical Setting
- Research Methods
The coursework for assignments is work based. It is relevant to your work, and you will learn skills that you can apply to your teaching and research interests.We will introduce ideas underpinning clinical education, relevant literature, and medical education research.
Entry requirements for Clinical Education
Entry to the Postgraduate Diploma and Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Education is limited to 34 students per year.
You must normally have completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Education. Alternatively, you must have completed either:
- A relevant degree in, for example, medicine, midwifery, nursing, optometry, pharmacy, or physiotherapy at a recognised university (or similar institution).
- A health professional qualification and have at least two years' relevant clinical work experience.
You must also be actively engaged in clinical teaching or curriculum development in a health-related discipline.
You will be asked to provide a current CV when applying.
Where can postgraduate study in Clinical Education take you?
The programmes are of particular relevance to doctors involved in delivering medical undergraduate or specialist training programmes, clinical nurse educators, and other health professionals with a role in education.
Jobs related to Clinical Education
- Clinical Educator
- Clinical Specialist
- Clinical Education Specialist
- Clinical Applications Specialist
Further study options
- Doctor of Philosophy