Educational Leadership focuses on the skills and knowledge needed by educational leaders to ensure education opportunities for all children are high quality and equitable.
Educational leadership equips you to lead improvements in education for diverse communities and learners. It will also develop your skills in understanding, critiquing and contributing to research that is shaping Aotearoa New Zealand’s educational policy and practice. In addition, our programmes in Educational Leadership provide you with the skills and knowledge to advance your leadership abilities in the education sector and enhance your career and salary prospects.
Topics studied include:
- Culturally responsive leadership
- Developing Communities of Learning
- Developing professional expertise
- Education law
- Educational change
- Educational leadership in the electronic age
- Educational policy and organisations
- Mentoring teachers
Where can Educational Leadership take you?
This subject provides you with the knowledge and skills to be an outstanding leader in the education sector. Jobs could include:
- Education consultant
- Education policy development manager
- Professional development facilitator
- School head of department
- School principal
- School senior leadership team member
- Senior teacher