Doctoral study in Gender Studies
Why study with us?
As a doctoral candidate, you'll benefit from: financial support for research expenses through PReSS funding; high-calibre supervision practices; and the networks and expertise of our world-class academic researchers.
You will be supervised by our researchers and have access to a range of resources to assist you in your academic and professional development.
We welcome PhD research proposals in areas such as:
- Critical gender and development
- Critical mental health
- Feminist political theory
- Gender and culture
- Gender and Pacific development
- Gender and reproduction
- Gender and sexuality in comparative literature
- Gender and sexuality in writing and media
- Gender, sexuality and religion
- Intersectionality studies
- Queer ecologies
- Queer theoretical approaches to the study of religion
- Queer theory
- Sex work politics and policies
- Sexual violence
- US social movements and popular culture
- Women and politics
There are a broad range of supervisors available across the University to supervise your postgraduate research in Gender Studies.
Scholarships and awards
There are several scholarships you may be eligible for when you decide to pursue your PhD in Gender Studies:
Help and advice
Our friendly staff will provide you with advice on enrolling in your PhD at Student Hubs.
If you would like to discuss your plans for your doctoral research you can contact our PhD Adviser.