Postgraduate study in Health Leadership
What can you study in Health Leadership?
You study Health Leadership in the Master of Health Leadership programme.
The Master of Health Leadership is designed to be taken over three semesters (18 months) full-time or 36 months part-time.
The courses for this programme are designed to impart an understanding of the knowledge and skills associated with leading multi-professional teams, leading change and managing health services and organisations in the context of improving health quality and outcomes.
An understanding of the social, cultural, political and economic issues that influence health services and health policy will be developed. Students will also acquire the skills to apply theoretical concepts to practical problems and to critically analyse the way in which health services are funded and organised.
- HLTHMGT 721 - Health Management
- HLTHMGT 729 - Strategic Health Management Health Management
- HLTHMGT 754 - Health Leadership
- MEDICINE 700 - Designing Safer Systems Clinical Quality and Safety
- MEDICINE 702 - Understanding Complex Clinical Systems
- POPLHLTH 705 - Evaluation Research Methods
- POPLHLTH 715 - Global Public Health
- POPLHLTH 719 - Health Economics
- POPLHLTH 722 - Health Care Organization
- POPLHLTH 724 - Quality in Health Care
- POPLHLTH 752 - Case Studies in Global Health
Where can postgraduate study in Health Leadership take you?
Graduates of Health Leadership will demonstrate advanced level skill, knowledge and understanding in a critical mix of practical and theoretical areas of study related to health leadership and management. They will be well equipped to become research-informed practitioners in the specialised, interdisciplinary field of health leadership.
Jobs related to Health Leadership
- Health care quality improvement
- Health management
- Global health management
- Roles within NGOs